Platelet Rich Plasma Orthopedic Treatments
Jacksonville PRP Orthopedic Specialist, Linda Quinn, M.D. has seen the healing power of Platelet Rich Plasma used for orthopedic injuries and issues with soft tissue pain due to age.
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments for knee injuries, tendon repair and other sports injuries has become a popular option for professional athletes and recreational sports enthusiasts alike. PRP treatments are a safe and simple way to accelerate or augment the healing process of soft tissues.
The platelets that are injected are a natural source of growth factors with the power to stimulate recovery. These growth factors increase the production of collagen, activate stem cells and stimulate blood flow to the area. Together, these actions work to repair your injured tissues, including tendons, ligaments, cartilage and muscles.
PRP Injections for Joints and Tendonitis
Men and women in Duval County, Florida have overcome the pain of joint injuries and tendonitis with PRP therapy. For over 20 years PRP has been used to treat wounds and injuries. Its increasing popularity in sports medicine has made it a viable opportunity to treat thousands.
PRP is directly injected into the joint space to assist the body in regeneration and healing.
The body treats injuries as platelets collect and clot at the injury site. By injecting a concentrated number of platelet rich plasma at the injury site, the body’s healing can take place faster and to a greater degree.
PRP injection therapy is regenerative and relatively fast in its actions and has been shown to be very effective. PRP injections in the site of injury and inflamed tendons have regenerative and anti inflammatory effects.
The Power of PRP
PRP orthopedic treatments provide patients with many unique benefits that other therapies do not. Some advantages of PRP injections include:
- No Down Time – While surgery is sometimes necessary, it can require quite a bit of downtime. If surgery isn’t necessary to treat your injury, PRP treatment can be performed in under an hour. Plus, you’ll be able to get back to training much more quickly.
- Painless – Aside from a small amount of pressure at the injection site, most patients say that platelet-rich plasma treatment is totally painless.
- Pain-Relieving – As your PRP treatment works to restore soft tissues, it can relieve pain caused by overuse, scar tissue, injuries and even recent surgery. Many patients eliminate or reduce their reliance on painkillers through PRP treatments.
- Accelerated Healing – With its powerful growth factors, platelet-rich plasma stimulates healing at the site of injection and helps to regenerate tendons, ligaments and fascia.
- Low Risk – Because the platelets and growth factors are from your own body, there is no risk of allergic reactions, infections or rejection of the PRP.
PRP is now widely used for treating joint issues as well as tendonitis and ligament conditions. Dr. Quinn’s Jacksonville, Florida patients with knee problems and other joint pain have reported significant pain reduction and increased joint functioning following treatment with PRP injections. Platelet delivery is extremely high in regenerative and restorative properties and can help men and women regain their health and lives.